Virtual Trailer Music Workshops
Audience: Grades 4-12 Capacity: 25-50 students
Presentation Time: 50 minutes
- For multiple workshops in larger schools, please group students according to grade so Brent may target content to the appropriate age group.
- Although Brent can utilize most platforms a school may need to use, ZOOM IS PREFERRED for the best experience for the audience, including the highest quality audio and robust moderation features.
- No video recording or screen capture of entire program or uploading of program content (small segments are acceptable with prior notification to Brent Daniels).
Using your school's existing e-learning applications, Brent Daniels brings the techniques and technology he uses to produce and compose music for some of Hollywood’s biggest movie trailers (such as Marvel’s Black Panther & Disney’s A Wrinkle In Time) to the virtual classroom. Program content is variable depending on grade and experience level, making this online workshop suitable for grades 4 - 12, accommodating students with no musical background all the way up to experienced musicians, budding music producers or composers interested in a career in music. In a typical virtual workshop for students with little or no musical training, Brent will:
1. Show students one or more of the trailers in which his music is used and play the original music composed and produced for the trailers.
2. Break down sonic and musical components from his music to which trailer editors synchronize the film’s visuals.
3. Introduce students to the concepts in sound design, composition, and music production necessary for trailer music production.
4. Combine those elements to create a short example of a trailer-style music cue.
5. Middle and High School music students with some experience in music technology and production may benefit from a more customized or in-depth form of the online workshop, which Brent can provide. They also may have advanced questions about the process of music production or careers in the music industry. Brent’s online workshops are an excellent place to find answers and insight.
Brent Daniels is a 25-year entertainment industry veteran and award-winning music producer, composer and sound designer. He produces and composes music for Marvel Studios, Disney Studios, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Studios, Epic Records, HBO, Netflix and many more.