Virtual Trailer Music
Welcome to Hollywood! Bring your school into a working composer’s studio for an unforgettable online educational experience!
A Virtual/Online program with a unique blend of audience participation, cinematic music, information and humor, Virtual Trailer Music leads students through the process and tools used to create music and unique sound design for big-budget Hollywood movie, TV and video game trailers. Your students and teachers will be enthralled and inspired to create themselves!
Virtual/Online for Schools and Summer Camps!Age Range: Grades 4-12
Request Pricing & Dates
Virtual Trailer Music Workshops
Award-winning music producer Brent Daniels uses the latest technology to sculpt sound and create music for many of the movie and TV trailers your students see everyday, including Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Disney’s A Wrinkle In Time and Star Wars: The Bad Batch. His online Virtual Trailer Music workshops show K-12 students how their everyday devices are used by professionals to create the music and sounds they love, and how they can do it too. How many of your students could graduate to creative careers? Brent’s workshops illuminate the possibilities, more numerous than ever before.
Brent’s Virtual Trailer Music workshops are customized for classroom-sized group of students, grades 4 -12. Utilizing the same interactive online format as his Virtual Music Technology online assembly, and using the same tools he uses to make music for studios like Marvel, Disney, Paramount Pictures, Netflix, Hulu, HBO and Activision, Brent shows students more advanced concepts in sound design and music production that will appeal to:
- motivated music, media and content-creating students
- STEM/STEAM-themed events
- after-school programs
- student career-day events
- classrooms looking to take a captivating, deeper dive into the creative use of everyday technology after having enjoyed Brent’s Virtual Music Technology program.
These workshops are highly configurable based on the student age and skill level, and include opportunities to:
- watch trailers (age-appropriate) that use Brent’s music,
- learn how Brent created the sound design and music featured in those trailers
- enjoy a close-up up view of the process of the tools and techniques used
- participate in crafting custom sound design elements
- help create a short example of a trailer-style music cue
- ask Brent questions about careers in content creation and the entertainment industry, tools students can use and much more!
Can we use platforms other than Zoom or Meet for Brent’s programs?
Brent’s studio technology, performance and interaction with his student audiences has been streamlined and fully stress-tested with hundreds of schools using Zoom and Meet, as that has comprised the vast majority of platform requests from schools. Unfortunately, with the number of variables other platform might introduce and the volume of programs he hosts alongside his production schedule, Brent is unable to test and offer other platforms at this time.
These are just some of the trailers that feature Brent Daniels’ music! Your students could be among the next wave of creators that do the same. Learn how in Brent’s Virtual Trailer Music workshops!
Virtual Trailer Music Workshops
Audience: Grades 4-12 Capacity: 25-50 students
Presentation Time: 50 minutes
- For multiple workshops in larger schools, please group students according to grade so Brent may target content to the appropriate age group.
- Although Brent can utilize most platforms a school may need to use, ZOOM IS PREFERRED for the best experience for the audience, including the highest quality audio and robust moderation features.
- No video recording or screen capture of entire program or uploading of program content (small segments are acceptable with prior notification to Brent Daniels).
Using your school’s existing e-learning applications, Brent Daniels brings the techniques and technology he uses to produce and compose music for some of Hollywood’s biggest movie trailers (such as Marvel’s Black Panther & Disney’s A Wrinkle In Time) to the virtual classroom. Program content is variable depending on grade and experience level, making this online workshop suitable for grades 4 – 12, accommodating students with no musical background all the way up to experienced musicians, budding music producers or composers interested in a career in music. In a typical virtual workshop for students with little or no musical training, Brent will:
1. Show students one or more of the trailers in which his music is used and play the original music composed and produced for the trailers.
2. Break down sonic and musical components from his music to which trailer editors synchronize the film’s visuals.
3. Introduce students to the concepts in sound design, composition, and music production necessary for trailer music production.
4. Combine those elements to create a short example of a trailer-style music cue.
5. Middle and High School music students with some experience in music technology and production may benefit from a more customized or in-depth form of the online workshop, which Brent can provide. They also may have advanced questions about the process of music production or careers in the music industry. Brent’s online workshops are an excellent place to find answers and insight.
Brent Daniels is an entertainment industry veteran and award-winning music producer and composer who serves record labels, game developers and movie studios from Apple Original Films to Warner Brothers with his signature sound. From cultural juggernauts like Marvel Studios’ Black Panther to high-profile critical fare such as Martin Scorsese’s Killers Of The Flower Moon, Brent’s original music and remixes have been licensed extensively to film, TV series and video game trailers.
A passionate advocate for music education, over two decades Brent has concurrently worked with thousands of K-12 schools from all over the world, bringing their classrooms into his studio for his Virtual Music Assemblies and Workshops.
Brent Daniels was AMAZING!! Kids, and teachers alike, absolutely loved the assembly and workshops. He has a great rapport with the kids. We will definitely invite him back! Best assembly ever!
Renee – Music Teacher
Warnsdorfer Elementary School
East Brunswick, NJ
Teachers texted me that it was an awesome experience! Everything went great! Very excited to schedule Brent again with our incoming students. I had a 7th grader who after the Movie Trailer assembly downloaded the program Brent uses and placed 16th in the National Technology Student Association Game Developer competition. The student developed and coded a video game then wrote his own music all inspired from what he learned from Brent Daniels.
Kristy Fidyk – STEM Dept. Chair
All went well with Brent’s virtual music workshops with our 5th and 6th graders. It was interesting to get a window into Brent’s process and see his studio via Zoom. Our music and technology teachers felt that he did a good job connecting what he does with the work the students are doing. He made a point of letting students know when demonstrating composition techniques that they could do similar things in the Soundtrap program they use. Our technology teacher will incorporate what he taught students about how to create a signature sound in the 6th grade’s next project. He was engaging and connected well with students.
Laura Cafferty – Enrichment Committee
Tenacre Country Day School
He is very knowledgeable and responsive to the students.
Steve Patton – Teacher
Fairfield-Suisun USD Virtual Academy
Thanks, Brent, for another great day of Computer Music! Great job! It’s not often our students get to see someone with your expertise at work; but, it’s really important for high school students to hear the thought process in creating original work and to see the level of detail that goes into a finished product. To me, that is a profound lesson and very relevant for high school students! At the very least, now our students know there is another avenue to express themselves musically, which is also a very important take-home message. Thank you for an interesting and compelling series on Digital Music Technology.
Eric Kay – Music Coordinator/Orchestra Director
Great presentation! Thank you again. I definitely want you back in the future!
James Stehlik – Orchestra
I thought the virtual workshop was excellent! The kids were very engaged and had excellent questions for him. He responded to their questions and told them that he loved their questions.
Melissa O’Brien – Teacher/Cultural Arts
The show was interactive and fun! It was amazing. The students really enjoyed the show and learned in the process. It was both fun and highly informative!
Bibi Bracy – Program Coordinator
It was awesome!
Bob Lombardo – Music Teacher and Choir Director
A BIG thank you to the POB Arts in Ed, our PTA, and to Brent Daniels for an exciting workshop with our 8th Graders exploring how movie trailer music is composed. It was an incredible opportunity to show our kids what music careers can look like!
Matthew Gomm – Music Teacher
Build Your Own Flyer
After filling out the form, you will be redirected to a page where you can print out your flyer.